A client shared a version of these pancakes with me last Spring and I have been enjoying them ever since! She fasted until noon daily and was a creature of habit, so she literally broke her fast with this carb and protein-packed treat daily! The cinnamon and banana pair very nicely with vanilla protein powder, but I have also tried this with chocolate protein and it is equally divine! Blending the ingredients makes for a much smoother mixture, so I highly suggest doing that, and it makes clean-up simple! Hope you enjoy!
1 scoop of protein powder (I prefer vanilla, but chocolate works well too!)
3 tbsp egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Grease a small frying pan with cooking spray and warm it on medium-low heat.
2. While your pan heats, blend all ingredients in a blender.
3. When the mixture reaches a smooth consistency, pour it into the pan. (I prefer to do one giant pancake, but you could use a measuring cup to scoop out smaller portions to make smaller pancakes.)
4. Cook for about 2 minutes and when several bubbles start to appear in your pancake, use a large spatula to flip it. The second side will cook much quicker (may only take about 1 minute), so watch it carefully.
5. Remove the pancake from the pan and top with whatever you prefer! (I usually eat this as is, but several clients have topped with sliced bananas, berries, more cinnamon, kerrygold butter, or pure maple syrup.)
NUTRITION:(For one large pancake; does not include additional toppings)
Calories: 322; Fat: 6.2g, Carbs: 31.4g, Protein: 36.6g